Sunday 16 March 2008

Flu and Rollerdisco

Had a bit of a rough week this week, well Andy and Dan did as they were both ill with a flu-like bug. Dan was off school for three days running and by the end of the time I think all three of them were stir crazy from being stuck in the house. On Thursday Andy and I sat out on the screen porch with a cup of tea for the first time in ages and much as I like the winter I have to admit it was lovely to sit out and not be freezing.

Saturday was a better day, ice-skating for Dan and Andy, Andy is going to learn jumps next week - very tempting to take the video camera along to watch the carnage.

The kids had a sleep at lunch-time so we had some free time to do whatever we wanted, in Andy's case this was ironing, and in mine it was some tiling - it dizzyingly exciting.

In the afternoon Andy and her friend Nizrene had organised the school rollerdisco. See below for vids - no crashes captured on camera I'm afraid though there were a good few of those 'waving arms around as if trying to fly' crashes that I wish I had caught.





We headed out to a local fast food place for dinner, it wasn't 'all you can eat' but it was what I call 'more than you should eat'. By the time you've had a half-pounder with chips and a massive milkshake and a giant cookie you really don't want to eat much more let me tell you.

Today we headed out to a couple of park reserves, the first was closed as it was too wet, the other was a bit more like a normal park but at lest we got to play outside. You can tell it is spring as the snow is melting - we still saw cars out on the ice though.

Dan busy getting wet feet

You're never too old for a playground

No comments: