Saturday 1 March 2008

March Arrives - Spring is in the air

It is the 1st March today, spring is in the air. It went above freezing today (by 1 degree) and I drove the car with the window down it felt so warm. As you can see from the pictures below the snow has not yet decided to pack it in



I went to a home and garden exhibition in town today so thought I'd show what downtown looks like, not the best shot but it gives the overall impression. I was in New York earlier in the week which was somewhat more impressive. If I could find my phone I'd download some pictures for comparision :-(
The home and garden show wasn't that interesting, but they did have an exhibitor who did nothing but flag poles which is really not something you'd get back in the UK.

They don't have mother's day in the US, but here is a little message for Margaret.