Thursday 22 November 2007

Thanksgiving and Birthday

This is a quick post just to say that for the first time in my life it's snowing on my birthday! Here's what our driveway looked like 20 minutes ago and I reckon we've got a few inches on its way today.
It's also Thanksgiving where the Americans give thanks that they don't have bird flu and can afford really good turkeys.

I'm following the midwestern American tradition and grilling my (albeit rather small) turkey as you can see. In Texas they deep fry their turkeys!


The lake behind our house has frozen over and the snow has settled on it, not quite ready for skating on yet but its only a matter of time.

All in all a rather splendid day, snow, turkeys, no work and my birthday - who could ask for anything more.

1 comment:

Bill said...

Hey Happy Birthday Larry!(Forgot to say that on the phone yesterday!)

Speaking of texas - did you know they have "Chicken Fried Chicken" AND "Chicken Fried Steak" in Texas! Bizarre!