Tuesday 27 November 2007

Brrrrrrr

Today it was cold when I woke up, but looking out the window there was no frost so I thought it couldn't be that cold. Turned out I was wrong, I cycled to work and 3 of my fingers were numb when I got in even though I had gloves on. What I didn't know is that in the winters there is very little moisture in the air so it doesn't look cold. This morning was -14C without wind chill and -22C with wind chill. The warmest it will get this week is -2 and most days won't get above -6.

Its a bit late now so I'll stick some picture on here and add some text later

Visited the state capital on Sunday, really pretty building and a beautiful day.



Here is some video of us doing some skating on a free ice rink in St Paul

After the skating we warmed ourselves on a closed fire

And the lights were pretty


On Saturday, we revisited Minnehaha falls, we've been here before, but now it looks a little different





Andy making her first commercial batch of chocolates, she sold 5 boxes to one of the mums from Dan's school and spent the $36 dollars on 9 new tops, 4 pairs of shoes, 2 winter coats , some cheese and a flat screen TV


For those without taste-o-vision, they were yummy

And here is some video of driving past the lake that is about 200 yards away from the front of our house and which I cycle past each day to get to work

No comments: