Monday 20 August 2007

Neighbours and Cake

This blog is out of chronological order but better late than never, it actually happened on Thursday 16th Aug if you must know.

I took the day off work so we could get some things sorted and we drove 50 miles! to a furniture shop. - we would never even consider doing this in the UK but it seems more doable here - I think because you know you're not going to get stuck in traffic for 3 hours.

The journey got off to a fast/slow start as I got pulled over for speeding before we left our road, doing 51 in a 35 zone. Fortunately the cop took one look at my license and must have thought it not worth the hassle as he let us go - I shall keep my UK license handy even when I have my MN one.

Anyway we got to the furniture shop, bought some beds for downstairs, some lights for downstairs and swapped or mattress as it was a little too firm and then headed home via a lakeside beach. We didn't have swimwear so were just going to paddle but Dan had stripped off and was splashing around naked before we realised. We eventually dragged them away from the beach and headed for the Mall of America where we took the kids to the Aquarium which was pretty cool and bought yet more stuff.

When we got home the next door neighbours pulled into our driveway after us and their daughter Mackenzie had baked us a cake to say Welcome


which we all enjoyed

but that she wasn't allowed to touch until we'd cleaned her up from her spagetti bolognaise.

No comments: