Sunday 13 December 2009

Now that December is here it really does seem that Winter has arrived. We had a good 8 inches of snow on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning and some blowing winds which caused big drifts and Dan's school bus to be probably 12 seconds late. I cycled in on Thursday and Friday which was painful for the first few minutes until I started generating some heat. Still, its looking better than this week and Tuesday might be the only day until Friday I can cycle in based on my work schedule and after work activities - may even be the day I break out the ski goggles.

I seem to get a lot more exercise in the winter too, shoveling the drive on Wednesday and I got out for a while snowboarding too in the evening. Cycling on Thursday and Friday and we had a family ski trip on Saturday to the local bump (hardly a hill really but good to practice on).

This was a classic moment, Andy let Becky go at the top of the bunny slope and she shot off down the hill with Andy running after her, I managed to get off the camera shot before tackling her as she whizzed by (Andy is the figure to the top left of Becky)
No such nervousness from Dan, you can't really tell but here are Dan and I on a slope with me eating Dan's dust, I'm on the snowboard and Dan is hurtling down the slope. He hadn't skied for a year prior to this so I wasn't sure how he'd do and he went off at such a pace that I thought he'd totally lost control but when I got to the bottom he was fine and just asked 'where were you'?' - this is going to be trouble.
Becky also had her first ballet show in the morning - it was for pretty young kids and Dan was sitting with us watching saying in too loud a voice 'they're so funny they don't know what they're doing' and really laughing. Still, we were obviously very proud of Becky and she is pretty shy so this was a big thing for her.





And this morning Dan was an agel in the church play/musical all done by the kids, and it was actually pretty good, even intentionally funny in places.


And slightly out of chronological order, the tree is now up


No comments: